The information and documents found on this Public Registry are being provided as a free service pursuant to Section 120 of the Species at Risk Act (SARA) and are to be used for general information purposes only. Environment Canada does not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information or documents found on this site and it is understood by the User of this Site (the "User") that these documents and information are provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any nature, including fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of proprietary rights regarding any information, materials or other documents that are referenced by or linked to the Public Registry.
The User understands that any information or feedback submitted by email or otherwise to Environment Canada for this Public Registry will not be considered as confidential information and it is further understood by the User that Environment Canada may use this information as it deems appropriate on an unrestricted basis.
Materials on this Web site have been produced and/or compiled by Environment Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada (GoC).
Much of the material on this site is covered by the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and by international agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Non Commercial Reproduction
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use. Unless otherwise noted by the application of the copyright symbol (© Environment Canada, Date), materials on this site may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from Environment Canada. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Environment Canada be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of Environment Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the GoC copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce GoC materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Crown Copyright and Licensing
Public Works & Government Services Canada
Tel.: (613) 990-2210
Fax: (613) 998-1450
Third Party Materials
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on GoC Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a GoC institution and an external organization, as part of a collaborative agreement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction. To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
- The GoC does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Environment Canada (EC) uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user's computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider's server
- EC makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting EC sites
- The length of each visit
- The number of requests per visit
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
By keeping this data, the EC's web site administrators can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
Environment Canada is a participant in the GoC Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Environment Canada may be directed to the Chief, Access to Information and Privacy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (819) 997-4552. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
Environment Canada respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Links to Sites External to Environment Canada
Links to sites external to Environment Canada (EC) are provided as a convenience and their inclusion in no way implies that Environment Canada endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of these sites. As the organizations that maintain these sites may not be subject to the Official Languages Act, information found on these sites may be presented only in the language in which it was written.
Documents are presented in Adobe PDF format and ASCII text. The ASCII format was chosen to be the most appropriate alternate format because this common text language can be read by virtually any software package available.
Present technology, standards and assistive software tools cannot provide access to some of the complex information contained in some documents; therefore tables and items such as graphics, equations, charts, chemical symbols, forms, maps and illustrations have been extracted. Users of the alternate format should communicate with the contact person found within the notice or order for further information on the extracted items.
For tools and information to help make Adobe PDF files accessible to users with visual disabilities, please go to access.adobe.com. If problems persist, contact the SARA Registry Office at: SARAregistry@ec.gc.ca and alternate document formats will be provided.
- Date Modified: