Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act: Terrestrial Species – December 2012
As part of its strategy for protecting wildlife species at risk, the Government of Canada proclaimed the Species at Risk Act (SARA) on June 5, 2003. Attached to the Act is Schedule 1, the list of the species that receive protection under SARA, also called the List of Wildlife Species at Risk.
Please submit your comments by
March 4, 2013, for terrestrial species undergoing normal consultations
October 4, 2013, for terrestrial species undergoing extended consultations.
Consultation period: 2013-01-03 to 2013-10-04
- HTML version of "Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act: Terrestrial Species – December 2012"
- "Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act: Terrestrial Species – December 2012" (2013-01-03) (PDF format, 4,109.42 KB)
Wildlife Management and Regulatory Affairs
Canadian Wildlife Service
351 Saint-Joseph Boulevard
- Baird's Sparrow 1
- Buff-breasted Sandpiper 1
- Hooded Warbler
- Marbled Murrelet
- Western Screech-owl kennicottii subspecies kennicottii
- Western Screech-owl macfarlanei subspecies macfarlanei
- Yellow-breasted Chat auricollis subspecies auricollis (Southern Mountain population)
- Yellow-breasted Chat virens subspecies virens
- Mammals (terrestrial)
- Vascular Plants
1 Please note that this species is not considered to be at risk under SARA, but related documents are included in the Public Registry as a result of the species previously being included or associated with a document of a species at risk.
- Date modified: