COSEWIC Assessment and Status Report on the Tope in Canada
- Assessment Summary
- Executive Summary
- Species Information
- Commercial Fisheries
- Population Sizes and Trends
- Limiting Factors and Threats
- Special Significance of the Species
- Existing Protection or Other Status Designations
- Technical Summary
- Acknowledgements and Authorities Consulted
- Information Sources
- Biographical Summary of Report Writers
- Appendix 1. Estimated catch (t) of tope along the west coast of North America
- Appendix 2. Tope catch (kg) in Canada’s Pacific waters
- Appendix 3.Records of tope in Canada’s Pacific
COSEWIC Assessment and Status Report
Special concern 2007
Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada
Comité sur la situation des espèces en péril au Canada
COSEWIC status reports are working documents used in assigning the status of wildlife species suspected of being at risk. This report may be cited as follows:
COSEWIC 2007. COSEWIC assessment and status report on the tope Galeorhinus galeus in Canada. Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa. vii + 29 pp.
COSEWIC would like to acknowledge Scott Wallace, Gordon McFarlane and Jacquelynne King for writing the status report on the tope, Galeorhinus galeus, in Canada, prepared under contract with Environment Canada. The report was overseen and edited by Paul Bentzen, Co-chair, COSEWIC Marine Fishes Species Specialist Subcommittee, and Mart Gross, member, Marine Fishes Species Specialist Subcommittee.
For additional copies contact:
c/o Canadian Wildlife Service
Également disponible en français sous le titre Évaluation et Rapport de situation du COSEPAC sur le milandre (Galeorhinus galeus) au Canada.
Tope – Biological illustration of the tope. Source: Compagno 1984.
©Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada 2007
Catalogue Number CW69-14/523-2007E-PDF
- Date Modified: